Tim and Barbie moved to Niger 23 years ago. Since then, they have been working to translate the Bible into the Makori language, currently working in the last epistles of the New Testament. Their main goal is to see a Makori church effectively using its own Bible translation. Several Makori Christians are now sharing the gospel in Makori villages and discipling new believers. What a joy to see the Church coming into being in this people group! Barbie is also an area Regional Director, having responsibility for a couple dozen missionaries in our neck of the woods. Among other things, she helps newcomers get established, does annual reviews with each of the missionaries, and works to help resolve issues if they arise.
This year Tim and the team are focusing on the books of Hebrews, I & II Peter and Jude.
Producing the translation in Latin and Arabic scripts and in audio formats (available on cell phones and the internet) are also goals of the team.
Ways to help us in Prayer:
• that the Makori people would be freed from darkness, believe that Jesus is the Son of God, and
• that, in the midst of many competing needs, Tim would be able to concentrate on his role in the
• for Makori Christians reaching out to their own people: for wisdom, courage, integrity and
• for Barbie in her role as Regional Director, having responsibility for about two dozen
• for Our Children back home:
David and his new wife Julie, working in Omaha, NE.
Beth teaching first grade in Michigan.
Hannah studying at Macalester College, St. Paul.